Thursday 30 July 2015

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - Review

Hello everyone,

So I thought I would treat you over the summer to a couple of midweek blog posts as I have a lot of bits and pieces that I want to get up asap.


When my mum was looking for something for me from Urban Decay, she was given a free sample of the Perversion mascara. And as you know by now, I wasn't a fan of fibre like brushes and so was apprehensive of using this. However the first time I used it I fell in love with it. I took it on holiday with me and have nearly used the mini one up as a result. Because of this, I decided to go back to the Urban Decay counter and have a bit of a splurge. However it left quite a big dent in my bank balance. Not having a high end mascara though made me feel that the purchase was justified. I think this product is gorgeous and if you haven't seen it before, take a look...


This mascara first of all has gorgeous packaging. It is a lovely size. Some people may say it is quite large and bulky, especially if you were going away, but I think that the size here doesn't matter. It has a lovely silver and purple metallic casing which really does add something to the contents of your makeup bag. I would happily take this on a night out also to reapply when needed, however this wouldn't actually be the case. To me this mascara would be great to take away on a holiday as it is multipurpose being great for both a daytime and evening look.


The amount of product which the mascara wand holds on it is perfect. It is a great all round product which is a need for all makeup lovers. With one application, it makes the lashes look so natural. It gives them a bit more length and just makes them look like 'my lashes but better'. This look is perfect for the daytime and for those who don't dare as much with their makeup. Using a few more applications though creates a more voluminous and lengthening look. It makes the lashes look more volumised and lengthened which is great for those with a daring daytime look or for a nighttime look.

I love using this product on a day-to-day basis. It is especially great for the summer. I pair it in the daytime with a peachy eye look. In the evening however I use it with my Naked palettes and create a daring smokey eye. I think Urban Decay eye products are all great and if you haven't yet tried the mascara, I would urge you to go to your nearest counter and either ask them for a sample or ask them to apply it on you to see how it looked on your eyes. Thats what I did. I had my whole face of makeup done on my local Urban Decay counter by the manager Sophie, who is amazing at smokey eye makeup by the way, and she used the Perversion mascara on me. I fell in love with it at an instant and am so happy that I bought it.

What are your experiences with the Perversion mascara? Or are you interested in buying it? Let me know in the comments below.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment