Saturday 8 November 2014

October Haircare Product of the Month

Hello everyone,

After having my long-ish hair cut into a shorter style, I have had a lot more motivation to do a lot more with my hair. When it dries naturally, I love the look it gives, but I think sometimes it needs that little extra something. I wanted to create a look which would show a new me which I could carry off in the day and to be able to carry it off in the evening too if going out on a special occasion.

So recently, I have been using my Philips curling iron to add a few extra curls and waves to my hair to give it a bit more volume and make it look a bit more aesthetically pleasing (haha). Once this has been done, I tend to run my fingers through it, shove my head upside down and set my hair into the style I want it to be in for that day. For this, I use the L'Oréal Paris Studio Line #TXT Volume Supersizing Spray



Before this, I would use a Boots own brand Maximum Hold hairspray with possibly another product to give my hair both that staying power, but also that volume which wouldn’t make me look like a poodle or have my hair plastered to my head – no you aren’t seeing any pictures of me like that before you ask!

I have tried many different brands and types of hairspray over the past few years, and I think this is due to mum being a hairdresser and always buying a variety of different hairsprays. But this one I found when reading blogs about a year ago. I remember my friend Beth (Hi Beth!) bringing it into a Philosophy and Ethics lesson and I got really excited about it and was determined to buy one when I went into town the following week. When I went into Boots, I then looked through all the hairsprays (or so I thought) for about 20 minutes and wasn’t able to find it so I went home and sulked for a week. Beth and I then talked about this in our next lesson and a conclusion was made that I’d look in Boots again the following weekend, and if in doubt I’d look in Superdrug. Needless to say I was being as blind as a bat and low and behold it was with all of the hairsprays just as it should be and probably was all along.



I used it for a few different occasions on when I did something special to my hair for whatever occasions they were but I didn’t seem to see much improvement or anything spectacular so I then went back to the Boots own brand which was half the price and in a much bigger can.

But since my hair was cut about a month ago, I have used it nearly everyday to set what can sometimes be seen as a bird’s nest into place. It is so nice on the hair. It doesn’t make the hair feel sticky or tacky and it is by far the easiest thing to brush out of the hair. It also gives just the perfect amount of volume and texture to the hair to make it look full but not ridiculous.

I just really love this product and I don’t think that any words can justify how good it is. It costs £3.79 which I guess can be classed as slightly pricey compared to others and for its size, but compared to many other hairsprays, especially L'Oréal Paris Elnett, it is a bargain! I have just bought another one as mine was running low and I am sure I will be repurchasing this many more times.

If you’ve tried this or seem like you’re going to try it, let me know your opinions on it.


So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment